Arranging a Funeral
It is important that you choose the funeral ceremony that is right for you and your family. There is an increasing trend to make the funeral a special celebration of someone’s life, and the ceremony or service is becoming much more personalized and individual.
Cleggs Funerals & Monuments will guide you through the choices available, and can take care of all or as many of the details as you wish.
Our caring team of professionals can liaise with clergy and celebrants, doctors, hospitals, government departments, coroners and other officials, crematoriums and cemetery authorities on your behalf.
We can also arrange music and a musician including an organist, place notices in the newspapers, provide vehicles, order family flowers, organise the audio or video/DVD recording of the service, arrange the placement of ashes and memorials, or whatever else you may require.
Making the Right Choices
Cleggs Funerals & Monuments can explain the choices available:
- The different types of ceremony, religious or otherwise
- The best location for the service – a church or chapel, at home, at the graveside or crematorium
- Who should officiate – a priest, minister, celebrant or family members
- Whether you want to view the deceased, and where the viewing should be
- Whether you want to have a burial or cremation
- Whether you want flowers or charitable donations
- The most appropriate funeral notice
- Casket selection
- The order of service, the choice of music and hymns
- Venue for a post-funeral gathering and how to arrange it
Taking Care of the Details
Once the choices are made, it is your decision as to how involved Cleggs’s professional and experienced staff are with the arrangements. We can take care of the following details:
- The registration of death and necessary documentation
- Contacting appropriate burial or cremation authorities, as well as contacting the doctor, coroner or hospital and collection of certificates
- Arranging national or international transportation or repatriation within New Zealand or any other country
- Liaising with clergy or funeral celebrants, assisting with the service and organising funeral details
- The provision and preparation of the casket, which you can select from our modern showroom
For information or advice please click here or contact us on 06 278 8088.